AAI OFFERS THE EQUIPMENT AND PERSONNEL TO CONDUCT INVESTIGATIVE DRILLING IN ROCK AND INSTALL ROCK MECHANICS INSTRUMENTATION ON SURFACE TO DEEP UNDERGROUND.
We install a range of specialized instrumentation for rock mechanics investigations, including:
- Borehole deformation gauges (hydraulic tube or electrical with pressure transducer)
- Borehole vibrating wire stressmeters
- Borehole CSIRO HI Cells (for permanent 3D stress change monitoring)
- Extensometers (single and multipoint borehole extensometers)
- Convergence stations
- Time domain reflectometry (TDR) cables
- Instrumented packers
- Fiberoptic cables
- Datalogger, telemetry, and warning systems for monitored instruments
In addition to drilling and installing instruments, AAI engineers can provide complete system design for rock mechanics applications. AAI engineers can monitor ground response and provide expert interpretation of observed phenomena to support client’s needs, whether during planning, construction, or active operations.